Visit our family blog to keep us with our Family adventures! www.mydailydoseofcrazy.blogspot.com

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oatmeal Cookie Breakfast Bar - Holiday version

Similar to an Oatmeal Cookie...but I cut all the sugar in half and use a combination of whole wheat flour and white flour. I find that when I use all wheat they are a bit too dense...if you want to increase the sugar just double what I have listed here. For the Holidays I change up the "additions" a bit...I add more dried fruits ~ which basically means I just grab whatever is looking good to me at Trader Joe's that day!
2 sticks of Butter

3/4 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)

1/2 cup white sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup white flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

*2tsp Benefiber* totally optional, but it works for us!

1 tsp cinnamon (I exclude this because I am allergic...)

3 cups oats (either quick cooking or old fashioned)

THEN, add...
1 cup walnuts
1 cup cranberries
1 cup dried apples (chopped)

OR:
1 cup almonds
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup dried cherries

OR:
ANY combination of dried fruits and nuts....it is that easy!

I use a regular size ice cream scoop and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I use silpat sheets to prevent sticking and then store in an airtight container with wax paper between the layers. They normally don't last long enough to go stale!

Enjoy!

No comments: